The kennel assistant is a very intricate part of the hospital. Kennel assistants do not spend much time interacting with clients but they are valuable assets to the function of a hospital. Cleanliness and maintenance are extremely important. This is the primary function of the kennel assistant.
Building Maintenance & Janitorial:
- Cleaning and hosing-off the parking lot in AM
- Sweeping, mopping hospital floor
- Cleaning cages and kennels
- Washing dishes
- Taking out trash
- Making daily banking deposits
- Running errands
- Shopping for pet food, cat litter, paper goods, etc.
- Maintaining clean restrooms